Winter Vegetable Soup
For those who want a winter warmer but aren’t keen on very thick soups, this is ideal. Packed full of winter veggies, it’s filling enough to make for a satisfying main meal – especially when teamed with bread hot out of the oven.
- Recipe serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 3tbsps olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- ¼ celeriac root, cubed
- 2l chicken or vegetable stock made from Knorr Stock Cube or jelly
- Bay leaf
- A handful of chopped parsley for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- 100g frozen green peas thawed
- Saute garlic and onion in saucepan over medium high heat for about 3 minutes. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes more. Do not burn.
- Pour in the stock and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Add green peas and quickly heat the soup through.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and a dollop of sour cream if liked.