Chicken Pasta Bake
Pasta bakes are easy to prepare and will feed a number of people. They make great midweek meals – and if you have kids, they even allow you to sneak in some veg if you want!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time40 min
- 200g spinach
- 300g pack fresh pasta
- 2tbsps oil
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
- 300g chicken, diced
- 250g pot ricotta
- 500ml tomato passata
- 2tbsps fresh chopped basil
- 1 pack Knorr Luxurious Cheese Sauce
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g grated cheese, such as Cheddar
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the spinach in a pan and then pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it. Leave to cool then squeeze out all the moisture with your hands. Chop roughly and keep to one side.
- Blanch the pasta as per the pack instructions.
- Mix half the oil with the stock cube to make a paste and cover the chicken.
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry the chicken so it browns.
- Add the passata and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Stir in the basil, ricotta and spinach and stir, and then add the pasta and then stir again until the pasta is covered with the sauce.
- Place into your ovenproof dish.
- Prepare the cheese sauce by mixing the contents of the packet with a little milk in a saucepan to make a paste. Add the rest of the milk and bring to the boil continuing to stir. Simmer for 1 minute then pour onto the chicken. Top with Parmesan and Cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for 30–35 minutes until bubbling and golden.